It looks like you have turned on Internet Explorer Compatibility View for this site.
Britannica’s site works best if you turn this off.
To turn off Compatibility View for this site, just click on the "broken page" icon to the right of the web address bar in the browser.
If you do not see the icon displayed, then please follow these simple steps:
- Press the F12 button.
- In the tool bar that appears, click on the option "Browser Mode: ".
- In the list that appears, click on the option that's immediately ABOVE the option "Internet Explorer X Compatibility Mode".
- Press the F12 button again to exit.
To prevent this site from being opened in Compatibility View in the future again, please follow these steps:
- Press the Alt key for the Internet Explorer menu bar to appear.
- Select "Tools".
- Select "Compatibility View Settings".
- Check to see if this site is listed under "Websites you've added to Compatibility View:". If so, remove it from the list.
- Make sure "Display all websites in Compatibility View" is NOT checked.
- Click on the "Close" button and refresh the page.
Once you have followed the above steps, you can continue to the site.